Sunday, September 10, 2006

Oi, that's what I call a pasty!

I was leaving Fry's electronics pissed off at the poor customer service, when my friend Suzy called me up to meet her and her boyfriend at this pub. The pub was located in the Fab Forties and went by the name, BonnLair. First off, I was amazed that I had never been in this pub as I recognized two old friends and the bartender as soon as I walked through the door. Secondly, I was really impressed at the great euro-styled decor. Lots of private booths and it was refreshing being at a bar that actually had pint glasses with lables instead of the same 'ol clear pint glasses. I remember when I was about 21 or so, my friends and I used to play the 'ol "steal-the pint-glass" game. The rules were simple, you must drink the beer of any glass you steal and you cannot steal the same glass twice even if it's a cool lable like Guiness or Newcastle.

They had a small selection of pub food all of which ran along English lines and since I have never sampled a pasty before and I've been hearing all sorts of rumors of these little delights becoming very popular as a late night treat, I decided to try one of the cornish variety. For the unintiated a pasty is sort of like a big hot pocket or a perogi style bundle of tastyness. Mine in particular was filled with steak and potato's. It was on this delcious little pasty that I lovingly poured tasty brown gravy that was provided and topped with a sprinkling of peas. As a warning, this fatty delight was lacking in spices, however it's still Pretty f-ing yummers and honestly it's 100% comfort/late night drinking food.


The Breakdown!

1 Cornish Meat Pasty
1 Newcastle Brown Ale
Total Price = 13.00 (tip included)

Where to Find Them!
BonnLair
916 455-7155
3651 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95816

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home